Try your hand at this tangy and creamy Coconut Tom Yum Pasta using our Organic Tom Yum Paste! We added shimeiji mushrooms and shiitake mushrooms for a lovely earthy and umami flavor that’s also vegan friendly ????
3-4 tsp of Mekhala Organic Tom Yum Paste
3-4 tsp of coconut cream
7oz (200g) of any dried pasta
5oz (150g) shimeiji mushrooms, roots removed
5oz (150g) shiitake mushrooms, sliced in half
1 large white onion, sliced
2 tsp vegetable oil
1. Cook pasta according to packet instructions and save 2-3 tbsp of pasta water.
2. In the meantime, saute onions in a hot oiled pan until translucent.
3. Add in mushrooms and further fry at a medium-low heat.
4. Add in Mekhala Organic Tom Yum Paste and coconut cream. (For extra heat and tanginess, add more Tom Yum Paste. For extra creaminess, add more coconut cream.
5. Mix well until fully integrated and turn off heat.
6. Mix cooked pasta and saved pasta water with Tom Yum sauce.
7. Garnish with chopped cilantro and scallions and enjoy!