Give the classic Corn Chowder a smoky Asian spin with our Organic Lemongrass Turmeric Paste!
2 cans of sweet corn
2 tsp coconut cream (optional)
1-2 tbsp of Mekhala’s Organic Lemongrass Turmeric Paste
2 tsp sesame oil
Bird’s eye chilli, chopped with seeds removed
1. Separate corn and excess liquid from can into 2 bowls. Do not throw out the liquid.
2. In a non-stick pot, saute corn for about 4 minutes
3. Depending on how chunky you prefer your chowder, follow one of these steps Very chunky: roughly blend half the corn, then add it back together with the unblended half in the pot Chunky: blend ¾ of the corn, then add back together with the unblended corn Smooth: blend all the corn until smooth
4. Add the coconut cream into mixture (optional)
5. Add Mekhala’s Organic Lemongrass Turmeric Paste (for a smokier taste, add another tbsp)
6. Slowly add the saved liquid from the corn can into mixture until desired thickness
7. Season with salt and pepper
8. Garnish with cilantro and chillies (optional: leave out the latter if making this dish for kids)
Check out more SOUPer recipes!
– Prawn Tofu Tom Yum Soup
– Creamy Lemongrass Turmeric & Coconut Butternut Squash Soup