Whether you want to celebrate the fall harvest, planning a Halloween themed meal, or simply just craving pumpkin, this rich and creamy pumpkin soup with beautiful Asian spices is just the thing you need! It’s vegan friendly and super warming for the upcoming #sweaterweather.
This recipe aims to be #lowwaste! We made sure to use the WHOLE pumpkin and threw nothing away. Here’s how we did it.
- Pumpkin seeds: We separated these from the pulp and roasted them for a healthy and yummy snack.
- Pumpkin pulp: This is one of the main ingredients for the soup.
- Pumpkin rind/skin: We actually made two portions of this recipe. We used one pumpkin as a cute bowl and the other as a Jack O’ Lantern! Afterwards, both pumpkins were added to a compost pile.
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
1-2 cups of pumpkin pulp
3-4 tsps Mekhala Organic Yellow Curry Paste
2-4 oz of coconut milk
1 tbsp margarine or your favorite butter substitute
For garnishing: Coriander/Cilantro
- In a small pot, fry the pumpkin pulp in the butter substitute for about 2 minutes.
- Add in Mekhala Organic Yellow Curry Paste and fry for another minute until all combined.
- Transfer pumpkin pulp into a blender and blend until desired smoothness OR use a hand blender and blend it in the pot itself until desired smoothness.
- In the same small pot, mixed the blended pulp and coconut milk briefly over a low heat for about 1-2 minutes. If you leave it on the heat for too long, the coconut milk may split and the consistency will not be as smooth. However, it is still perfectly good to eat and still tastes great.
- Salt to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want more fall recipes? Check out our Red Curry Shakshuka or our Pumpkin Chickpea Yellow Curry