Hot curry turns this Japanese summer-time ramen noodle favorite into a winter warmer. Dip. slurp, enjoy, repeat!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 servings of ramen noodles (egg noodles also works)
- 2-4 tsp Mekhala Organic Yellow Curry Paste
- 3-4 oz of coconut milk
- 1-2oz water
- Garnishings/sides (Pick as many as you want! Add other things if you’d like! Get creative!)
- Nori sheets
- Pickled bamboo shoots
- Green onion
- Fried tofu, etc.
- This curry tsukemen dipping ramen recipe starts with cooking your favorite brand of ramen noodles according to the packet.
- Once cooked, drain and leave in a bowl of cold water to soak for a while.
- In another pot, mix Mekhala Organic Yellow Curry Paste, coconut milk, and water. Heat on low heat and mix until all combined.
- Add salt to taste.
- Transfer noodles from cold water and drain into a separate bowl. Add your favorite sides such as seaweed, green onions, and so on.
- Serve curry and dipping noodles in separate bowls.
How to Eat Tsukemen Ramen (Dip, Slurp, Savor, Repeat!):
- Take a small amount of noodles and/or any of the sides, and dip it into the curry.
- Slurp the noodles and enjoy! The contrast between the hot curry and cold noodles is sure to impress! Enjoy your bowl of Japanese dipping noodles!
Loved this tsukemen ramen recipe? Want more Japanese fusion recipes? Try our Yellow Curry Onigiri or our Tom Yum Vegan Udon.
Shop now or find a Mekhala stockist near you!