Onigiri can be both a meal and a snack depending on its size and your appetite ???? Spice up this classic Japanese rice ball with coconut rice and our Organic Yellow Curry Paste!
1 cup of short grain white rice (jasmine or Japanese rice works just fine)
1 cup of coconut milk
½ cup of water
2 ½ tbsp of Mekhala Organic Yellow Curry Paste
1 stalk of cilantro
1. Cook 1 cup of rice using your favourite method (rice cooker, boiling etc), but instead of just water, use a mixture of 1 cup coconut milk and ½ cup of water.
2. Finely chop cilantro.
3. When rice is done, mix in Mekhala Organic Yellow Curry Paste and cilantro. Feel free to add more curry paste to taste.
4. Add salt to taste.
5. Shape rice with onigiri mould according to included instructions OR cover palms of hands with oil (vegetable, coconut, or sesame oil) and shape onigiri with hands. Remember to pack the rice as tight as possible.
Check out more Yellow Curry recipes!
– Yellow Curry Tsukemen (Japanese dipping noodles)
– Egg Yellow Curry Breakfast Bowl