“Western Delights” stalls in hawker centres are a big part of our childhood in Singapore and still one of our inspirations! The sauce is creamy, tangy, and packed with a pepper punch!
⅛ cup Mekhala Black Pepper Sauce
2 tsp tomato paste
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
⅛ cup milk
1 chicken thigh or leg
1. Mix the Mekhala Black Pepper Sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and milk together until fully integrated.
2. Marinade chicken in above mixture for at least one hour. (This can even keep in the fridge overnight)
3. After chicken has been marinated, preheat pan at medium heat.
4. Place chicken on to pan. Do not pour all the marinade in, just the chicken.
5. Cook each side of the chicken for about 7-10 minutes. Pour a couple of tbsp of water into the pan to keep it from burning every 2 minutes or so.
6. Once chicken is cooked, plate it and add the rest of the marinade into the pan and simmer for about 1 minute until thickened.
7. Pour thickened sauce onto chicken and serve with baked beans and crinkle fries!
Check out more of our Black Pepper recipes!
– Black Pepper and Plum Sticky Roasted Pork Ribs
– Black Pepper Linguine