Best on a rainy day when you feel the need to hardcore comfort eat! Super easy and healthy, this pie will warm definitely warm your tummies!
Ingredients (Serves 1):
1 chicken breast or thigh, sliced into bite-sized chunks
4-6 tsp of Mekhala Living Organic Thai Green Curry
6-8 tbsp of coconut cream
1 small carrot, diced
Half a small white onion, diced
Your favourite brand of frozen puff pastry sheet, defrosted
1. Preheat oven to 190°C or 370°F.
2. Add coconut cream, Mekhala Living Organic Thai Green Curry, onion, and carrot into a small pot and cook at medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir while cooking.
3. Add chicken into pot and cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
4. Prepare pastry by cutting a circle ½ inch larger in diameter than your chosen bowl or ramekin. Set aside.
5. Beat egg in a separate bowl. Set aside.
6. Spoon chicken curry into your main bowl.
7. Cover the top of bowl with the cut out pastry. Crimp the bowl over the side, making sure it is pressed down.
8. Poke holes into the top of the pastry with a fork.
9. Brush pastry with the egg evenly. Use just enough to cover the surface area of the pastry. You need not use the whole egg.
10. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the top of the pastry is golden brown.
11. Take out of oven and cool for about 5 minutes, then serve.
Check out more of our favourite fusion recipes!
– Red Curry Grilled Cheese Sandwich
– Lemongrass Turmeric Corn Chowder