The real secret to any successful salad? Easy: the dressing. We love playing around with fresh ingredients and recently discovered the most delicious pairing for a prawn salad ???? Lemongrass Turmeric.
Ingredients for the salad:
5-6 peeled prawns (per person)
Salad greens (use your favorite or a mix for more color and flavor)
Fresh chilies (chopped, for garnishing- yes we love a spicy touch)
Scallion (chopped, for garnishing)
Sesame seeds (for garnishing)
Ingredients for the Lemongrass Turmeric dressing:
1 cup of Greek Yogurt
2 heaped teaspoons of Mekhala’s Organic Lemongrass Turmeric Paste
1 tablespoon of honey
A squeeze of lime or lemon
Salt & Pepper
1. Sautee your peeled prawns with a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) and set aside, add the salad greens into a bowl and set aside.
2. Prep the salad dressing by mixing the yogurt with 2 teaspoons of Mekhala’s Organic Lemongrass Turmeric Paste, honey, and lemon juice. 3. Feel free to adjust the proportion of salt, pepper and lemon juice according to your preference.
4. Assemble your salad by mixing the greens, adding the tomato, the avocado slices and finally the prawns.
5. Pour a generous amount of the Lemongrass Turmeric dressing on top.
6. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and chilly slices to garnish.
7. Take a bite and enjoy!
1. If you love the flavor of lemongrass turmeric as much as we do, feel free to pre-marinade your prawns with 2-3 teaspoons of EVOO and a teaspoon of our Lemongrass Turmeric Paste before cooking them.
Did you make this recipe? Tell us about it in the comments below. You can also tag us with #MadeWithMekhala to be featured on our IG page.