Time to zhng (upgrade) your instant noodles with Mekhala Vegan Laksa Paste! This super simple recipe can be done in 15 minutes and is great paired with any vegetable or vegan protein of your choice. We’ve paired ours with vegan “scallops” made from King Oyster Mushrooms. Full of umami and a great pairing to the wonderful Laksa spices!
A no guilt way to use instant noodles!
1/2 tsp cooking oil
1-2 king oyster mushrooms (optional)
1 cups sliced white mushrooms, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 packet of your instant noodle of choice (best to choose one without seasoning already pre mixed in)
1/4 cup coconut milk
2-3 tsps Mekhala Vegan Laksa Paste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp Mekhala Roasted Chilli Paste (optional)
1. Cook noodles without packaged seasoning according to packet instructions. Set aside.
2. To make the vegan “scallops”, fry the king oyster mushrooms on medium high in the oil for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and soft. Set aside.
3. Mix Mekhala Vegan Laksa Paste and coconut milk until combined.
4. Heat pan on medium heat and briefly toss noodles, Laksa paste mixture, and “scallops” for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Add more Mekhala Roasted Chilli Paste if you’d like it more spicy.
6. Salt to taste.
7. Garnish with cilantro.
8. Serve and Enjoy!