serves : 4
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 medium size potatoes
- ¾ cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp Mekhala Organic Malaysian Aromatic Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Mekhala All-Natural Yellow Curry Paste
- 2 and ½ tbsp black bean flour
- Mekhala Himalayan Pink Salt as required
- 1 or 2 tbsp oil for frying the kababs
- Mekhala All-Natural Coriander Ginger Dressing for dipping (optional)
1. Blanch the spinach in salted water. drain and keep them in a cold water. finely chop the spinach and keep aside.
- Roast black bean flour in a small pan till it becomes aromatic and changes its color. don’t over roast or darken the gram flour.
- Steam or boil the potatoes and peas. in a bowl take the chopped spinach. grate the boiled potatoes in the bowl. Add the peas & Mekhala Yellow Curry Paste.
- Mash the kabab mixture with a potato masher or with a wooden spoon.
- Add the Malaysian Aromatic Seasoning, roasted gram flour and salt. mix the kabab mixture uniformly.
- Shape into round patties and shallow or pan fry the kababs till golden brown.
- Serve hara bhara kabab hot with chutney or sauce or Mekhala Coriander Ginger Dressing.