Mekhala’s twist on a Japanese snack that originally hailed from China! Gyoza is such a delicious and healthy snack, and not as easy to make as one might think. Flavoured with Mekhala Basil Garlic Paste, these are ideal for a light meal, as a starter, for entertaining and even kids will love them! Extras can be frozen for another day!
(Serves 2-3 people)
700gm Pork Mince*
1 Cup Frozen Peas
5 Button Mushrooms
2-3 Tbsp Mekhala Basil Garlic Paste
1.5 Tblspn Oil For Each Batch of Gyoza
¼ Cup Water for Each Batch of Gyoza
- Dice mushrooms.
- Mix pork, peas, mushroom and Mekhala Basil Garlic Paste in a large bowl.
- Add 1 tblspn of mixture to the middle of one wrapper.
- Wet edges of wrapper, bring two sides together, then pleat and fold.
- Heat oil in a pan. Place gyoza one at a time on one side onto pan and fry till golden brown.
- Add water to pan and cover. When water is evaporated, remove lid and serve on its own or with soy and vinegar.
*For vegan/vegetarian version, substitute with hard tofu, or use a combination of