We are bringing Thailand to you with this quick and easy Pad Thai recipe that you can make for any occasion. Enjoy this tangy, salty mix coupled with the soft texture of rice noodles with a cup of warm lemongrass tea and we’ll guarantee you want to make this another time.
Ps.. did you know… Pad Thai (Thailand’s national dish) was created in 1930 by Plaek Phibunsongkhram, the prime minister of Thailand to invoke nationalism amongst Thai people?
Ingredients (Serves 2-3):
1 tbsp oil 2 eggs, beaten 1 1/2 cups cooked rice noodles 1 Mekhala Organic Pad Thai Sauce Sachet 1/2 cup red bell peppers, sliced 1/2 cup bean sprouts 1/2 cup green onions, cut into finger-length strips 1 tbsp chillies, slices (put less if the variant of chilli you are using is spicier) Roasted peanuts, chopped (garnish only, optional)
1. Add oil into a pan or wok and heat at medium-high.
2. Add in eggs and stir fry until scrambled and cooked.
3. Add in noodles and stir fry for about 30 seconds.
4. Pour in Mekhala Organic Pad Thai Sauce Sachet and mix until coated all noodles.
5. Add in red bell peppers and bean sprouts and stir fry for another minute.
6. Turn off the heat and add in chillies and green onions. Stir fry using excess heat.
7. Garnish with roasted peanuts.
8. Serve and enjoy!
For another delicious authentic Thai recipe, have a whack at our Simple Thai Tom Yum Rice Noodle Soup