Let us entice you with a baked salmon recipe like no other! This is one of our go-to recipes every time we host house parties because it requires minimal prep, cooks in a heartbeat, and tastes phenomenal.
1 piece (6 to 8 ounces) of fresh salmon (room temperature)
2 teaspoons of Mekhala Organic Tom Yum Paste
240ml/8oz of coconut milk
A slice of lemon
A handful of chopped scallions/coriander (for garnishing)
Rice/quinoa (cooked) (or any carb of your preference)
1. Prepare your easy marinade by combining Mekhala Organic Tom Yum Paste with coconut milk and a pinch of salt to enhance the flavors.
2. Heat your saucepan and add a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). Now take the salmon removing the excess moisture and place it skin down on the pan.
3. Let the salmon cook until ¾ of the flesh changes from deep dark pink to a much paler color. Then, flip your salmon and let it cook for another minute before taking it out.
4. Now add the leftover marinade into the pan and cook over a gentle heat for 2 minutes. This will become the gravy for the fish.
5. Serve the salmon with a side of rice or quinoa, garnish with a sprinkle of coriander or scallion or any of your favorite fresh herbs and enjoy!
1. Alternatively, if you prefer to bake the fish, place the marinated salmon on parchment paper (skin-side down) and wrap it completely in the parchment paper. Place your salmon in a baking dish, and bake for 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius). Heat the marinade in a saucepan and then pour it over when ready.
2. Squeezing a slice of lemon or lime on top right before eating it helps to enhance the flavors of the salmon and the marinade.
Did you make this recipe? Tell us about it in the comments below. You can also tag us with #MadeWithMekhala to be featured on our IG page.