So simple but always hits the spot! This tangy and fresh Tom Yum Rice Noodle Soup is delicious and vegan-friendly! Can’t go wrong with this dish on a chilly day!
An easy, healthy Tom Yum recipe to warm the cockles of your soul. Be creative with what you add to this hot and tangy Thai soup!
Ingredients (serves 1-2):
2 servings of rice noodles (dry or fresh)
2-3 tbsp coconut cream
3/4 jar of Mekhala Organic Tom Yum Paste
5oz (150g) shimeiji mushrooms, roots removed
2-3 cups of your favourite stock
5-6 bite size pieces of tofu
1. Add Mekhala Organic Tom Yum Paste, coconut cream, and stock into a small pot. Cook on medium heat until onions are translucent.
2. Add in shimeiji mushrooms. Stir occasionally.
3. Add in rice noodles. If noodles are fresh, cook at medium-low for about 3 mins. If noodles are dry, cook according to packet instructions in soup.
4. Take off heat. Serve with tofu and garnishes.
5. Itching for more Thai food? Try out our Healthy Chicken Khao Soi or our Pad Thai Noodle Salad!