Wooden or bamboo skewers / sticks
2 tsps Mekhala Organic Yellow Curry Paste
1 tbspn peanut butter
1 cup vegetable milk
1 tsps corn or rice starch (dissolved in a tiny bit of water)
1 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
1 tsps of vegetable oil
Chopped green onions / scallions
- Cut tempeh into large chunks, salt and sear in a hot pan with some sesame oil.
- Cook sauce ingredients together until the mixture thickens (about 3 mins).
- Marinate tempeh in some of the sauce for at least 30 mins, then skewer and sear in a pan.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, peanuts, chopped green onions and serve hot with the remaining sauce as a dip.
- Rice and cooked Asian greens are also a great accompaniment.
Whether you’re making your 1st or 10th Mekhala dish, we want to know! Use the hashtag #MadeWithMekhala to show your makes to the Mekhala community on IG today.