These are easy to make dumplings that go perfectly with our bright and warming Organic Coriander Ginger Dressing & Sauce. We used pre-made dumpling wraps that are easily found in many supermarkets. But you can always make your own!
Ingredients (Serves 1-2):
1.5oz (43g) ground pork
3oz (85g) ground shrimp
2 pinches of salt
1/2 (2.5ml) tsp sesame oil
1 tsp (5ml) oyster sauce
1 tsp (5ml) corn starch
3 tbsp green onion, finely chopped (or one small onion 4oz/115g)
15-20 gyoza/dumpling wraps
5 tbsp Mekhala Organic Coriander Ginger Dressing & Sauce
1. Mix pork, shrimp, salt, sesame oil, oyster sauce, corn starch, and green onion in a bowl. This is the dumpling filling.
2. Place about 1-2 tsp of the filling into a wrapper. Fold it in half and pleat it to seal the dumpling.
3. Place dumpling on a tray coated in flour or a silicone baking sheet.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all filling is used up.
5. In a large pot of boiling water, add in the dumplings and swirl them around slightly to avoid them from sticking to each other.
6. Boil dumplings for about 6-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the wrapper.
7. Remove from boiling water and serve with Mekhala Organic Coriander Ginger Dressing & Sauce.