The secret to this delicious vegetarian laksa recipe lies in the spicy, aromatic, and vegan Mekhala laksa paste. It makes for a fragrant, quick breakfast item or a lovely, protein-rich side dish! Indulge your tastebuds with this vegetarian laksa and you’ll thank us later. And while we’re at it, let’s learn how to make laksa from scratch.
Vegetarian Laksa Recipe
Ingredients: (Serves 2-3)
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 4 pieces chopped crisped tofu
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of beansprout
- 1 boiled egg
- 3 cups veggie broth or water
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk about 1.5 cups
- 6 to 8 oz brown rice noodles uncooked
- 1 jar Mekhala Laksa Paste
- Lime juice, salt and pepper to taste
- Handful fresh mint and cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Mekhala Roasted Chilli Paste (optional)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add all Mekhala Laksa Paste and fry for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the veggie broth and coconut milk, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Add in the rice noodles and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes
- Taste and adjust salt and heat. Add a bit of salt lime juice and some sugar at this point. Add more coconut milk if needed. Simmer for another few minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, mint, beansprouts or crisp tofu and serve with a teaspoon of Mekhala Roasted Chilli Paste. Your vegetarian laksa is ready to be eaten!
Shop our vegetarian laksa paste now or find a Mekhala stockist near you.