A healthy and easy dish with 5 ingredients! Perfect for spice lovers and packed lunches. Spicy soy sauce fried pork and rice wrapped in fresh lettuce leaves for a lovely mixture of spices and fresh ingredients. Remove the rice for a carb-free version. For a vegan version, click here
1/2 cup of your favorite rice
3-4 oz pork belly, sliced
2 tsps Mekhala Organic Korean Chilli Paste
2-3 tsps soy sauce
5-7 lettuce leaves
Sesame seeds (for garnish)
1. Cook rice using your favorite method.
2. Fry pork in a non stick pan on medium heat for about a minute.
3. Add soy sauce into pan and mix with pork. Cook for another 5 mins.
4. Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy!
How to eat:
1. Place 1 lettuce leaf in your hand.
2. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of rice into the lettuce leaf.
3. Add a slice of pork and a small amount of Mekhala Organic Korean Chilli Paste (add more depending on your spice preference)
Want more Korean inspired recipes?
– Lemongrass Turmeric Yachaejeon (Vegetable Pancake)
– Korean Spicy Stir Fry Noodles