This hearty, mouth-watering dish will surely make its way onto your heavy rotation list. As with many of our recipes, feel free to substitute the vegetable ingredients with whatever you have on hand.
(Serves 2-4 pax)
Mekhala Sichuan Thai Tamarind Starter Pack
1 Cup Canned Peeled Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
Sweet Potato, Cubed
Olive or other Vegetable Oil
- Rehydrate meatless crumbles by combining crumbles with 250ml hot water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Let sit for 5 minutes, then drain excess water.
- Brown cubed sweet potato in 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add the sachet of Thai Tamarind sauce, tomatoes and bring to a boil. Then turn the heat down and simmer until the sweet potatoes are fork tender (about 20 minutes).
- Add the meatless crumbles, coconut milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with hot, steamed rice.
Have you got your Plant-Based Starter Packs yet? We’d love to see what you do with them! Tag us on IG and as always, we welcome your comments below. Use the hashtag #MadeWithMekhala to be featured on our IG page. Bon appetit!