(Serves 2 to 3)
2 cups Mekhala Organic Energy Rice
2 pieces kampong chicken legs (whole)
2 tbsp dried scallops (shredded)
2 slices fresh ginger
1 tsp vegetable oil ½ tsp Mekhala Himalayan Pink Salt
Ground pepper Light
Sesame oil Fried shallots
- Blanch cleaned chicken legs, drain dry and set aside.
- Cook Mekhala Organic Energy Rice with 4 cups of water in rice cooker on porridge mode*. Bring to a boil for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add chicken, dried scallops, Mekhala Himalayan Pink Salt, and vegetable oil.
- Cook for a further 20 to 30 minutes, until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from rice cooker and allow to cool. Continue cooking porridge until it is soft and sticky.
- Shred chicken. Add a dash of soy sauce and sesame oil to the shredded chicken, mix well and set aside.
- To serve, place shredded chicken in a deep bowl and scoop porridge over the chicken. The heat from the porridge will warm the meat. Finish with pepper and garnish with fried shallots. * Stir porridge regularly and add water as necessary. You could use a stock pot instead of a rice cooker.