Donburi is a popular Japanese dish consisting of meat, chicken, fish or egg atop a bowl of rice. It’s a wonderful one-bowl meal that is limited only by your imagination. Our version uses our best-selling Miso Lime Chilli Dressing, a homage to Japanese condiments, and healthful Organic Black Rice.
2 x 200gm Salmon Fillet
1 Cup Mekhala Organic Black Rice
1 Handful Frozen Peas
2 Tbsp Mekhala Miso Lime Chilli Dressing + Extra To Serve
- Cook Mekhala Organic Black Rice according to package instructions with the frozen peas.
- Marinate salmon fillet in Mekhala Miso Lime Chilli Dressing in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in an oven-proof fry pan. Fry skin-side down for 2 minutes, then place into pre-heated oven at 200C for 6 minutes.
- Scoop rice into 2 bowls and place 1 piece of fish on top of rice.
- Drizzle more Miso Lime Chilli Dressing to serve.